One of my favorite pies is changed up to be cute little Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies YUM!
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup (light or dark)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Beat butter until creamy. Add half of the flour with sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- While you dough chills make your filling. In a small saucepan, combine powdered sugar, butter and corn syrup. Stir until melted and just boils on the edge. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Set in fridge on a hot pad, cooling for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll in egg whites or you could brush it on.
- Press center down with your thumb.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven so you can fill centers.
- Add a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of your pecan pie filling. Don’t add too much or it will bubble over your cookie.
- Bake for 5-7 more minutes or until golden brown. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 33mgSodium 59mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: My Own Little Playground