You can’t go wrong with a layer of shortbread, a layer of cheesecake and a layer of pecan pie in every bite! My daughter calls them “squares of heaven.” I think after you try them, you’ll see why!
Pecan Cheesecake Squares
You can't go wrong with a layer of shortbread, a layer of cheesecake and a layer of pecan pie in every bite! My daughter calls them "squares of heaven." I think after you try them, you'll see why!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 9x13" baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven, and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar. Add milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, and beat until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled shortbread layer. Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Gently stir in the eggs, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans. Pour pecan mixture over cooled cheesecake layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is set and pecan pie layer is a rich brown color.
Recipe and Photo: Butcher Boys Supermarket