You can’t go wrong with these Pecan Cheesecake Squares; a layer of shortbread, a layer of cheesecake and a layer of pecan pie in every bite! My daughter calls them “squares of heaven.” I think after you try them, you’ll see why!
Pecan Cheesecake Squares
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
You can't go wrong with a layer of shortbread, a layer of cheesecake and a layer of pecan pie in every bite! My daughter calls them "squares of heaven." I think after you try them, you'll see why!
For The Shortbread Layer
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
For The Cheesecake Layer
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For The Pecan Pie Layer
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
For the shortbread layer:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 9x13" baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven, and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
For the cheesecake layer:
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar. Add milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, and beat until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled shortbread layer. Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
For the pecan pie layer:
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Gently stir in the eggs, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans. Pour pecan mixture over cooled cheesecake layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is set and pecan pie layer is a rich brown color.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 square
Amount Per Serving Calories 484Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 84mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 2gSugar 42gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Butcher Boys Supermarket