Recipe for Peachsicles – Cool your taste buds with this simple, tasty treat from the American Heart Association’s magazine cookbook “Healthy Recipes Kids Love.”
Cool your taste buds with this simple, tasty treat from the American Heart Association’s magazine cookbook “Healthy Recipes Kids Love.”
- 1 8.25-ounce can light sliced peaches in fruit juice, drained
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (about 2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the peaches into bite-size pieces. Put 3 pieces in each of 4 paper or plastic 5-ounce juice cups. Transfer the remaining peaches to a small bowl.
- Stir remaining ingredients into the bowl with peaches. Pour into juice cups.
- Insert a wooden Popsicle or craft stick into the center of each cup. Cover cups with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, allowing the sticks to poke through the covering. Put the cups stick-side up on a level surface in the freezer. Freeze 3 hours, or until solid.
- To serve, peel or cut the paper or plastic from the frozen pops.