Recipe for Peach Turnovers – Once you make these and see just how easy they are to put together, they will become your go-to breakfast-to-impress. They can also double as dessert.
Once you make these and see just how easy they are to put together, they will become your go-to breakfast-to-impress. They can also double as dessert.
- 1 sheet (about 1/2 lb) puff pastry
- 1/2 cup peach jam (I used homemade, but you can use any kind you like)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 TB water (for eggwash)
- 1 TB sugar in the raw
For the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 tsp. milk, divided
- If frozen, thaw puff pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Unfold the pastry (there’s no need to roll it out) and if necessary, trim the edges so they’re straight. Cut the pastry into 4 equal parts and spoon 2 TB jam onto the center of each. Lightly brush 2 edges with eggwash, and then fold over into a triangle. Lightly push edges down first with your fingers, then with the tines of a fork.
- Transfer the turnovers to the prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush the tops with eggwash (you will have extra eggwash), then sprinkle a little sugar on top of each turnover. Bake about 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Mix powdered sugar and 4 tsp. of the milk until well blended.
- Stir in remaining 1 tsp. milk, if necessary for desired consistency.
- Drizzle over turnovers, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com