Here’s a delicious Peach Cobbler Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce recipe that doesn’t require an ice-cream maker: Just stir the ingredients together, and freeze.
- 4 ounces refrigerated pie dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped peeled peaches, divided (about 2 medium peaches)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare ice cream, place pie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; lightly coat with cooking spray. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over pie dough. Using a knife or pizza cutter, score dough at 1-inch intervals. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until browned. Cool completely; break into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place 1/2 cup peaches in a medium bowl, and mash with a fork until almost smooth. Add the remaining 1/2 cup peaches and next 4 ingredients (through dash of salt); stir well. Gently fold in the crumbled piecrust and whipped topping. Scoop the mixture into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze overnight.
- To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water, corn syrup, and dash of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring just until sugar melts; bring to a boil. Cook 12 minutes or until amber; remove from heat. Drizzle in half-and-half, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add butter and bourbon; whisk until smooth.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: CookingLight.com