Outback Steakhouses Kookaburra Wings Recipe – Do you love Outback’s take on traditional buffalo chicken wings? With this recipe, you can make your own imitation of this appetizer dish at home!
Outback Steakhouses Kookaburra Wings
Do you love Outback's take on traditional buffalo chicken wings? With this recipe, you can make your own imitation of this appetizer dish at home!
- 10 chicken wing drummettes
- 48 oz shortening
For wing coating :
- 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbls Kraft Macaroni & Cheese cheddar cheese topping
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 dash ground clove
For sauce :
- 2 Tbls Crystal Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tsp water
For on the side :
- bleu cheese dressing
- celery sticks
- Preheat 1 large can of shortening, or 6 to 10 cups of vegetable oil (use the amount required by your fryer), to 350°F
- Make the spiced breading for your wings by combining the wing coating ingredients (flour through clove) in a medium bowl. Stir well. Dip each wing, one at a time into the breading. Give each one a light coating of the mixture.
- Arrange the breaded wings on a plate and let them sit uncovered in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to allow the coating to adhere to the wings.
- When the oil is hot, cook the wings. Fry for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the wings are brown and cooked through.
- While the wings are frying, mix the hot sauce and water together in a small bowl. When the wings are done, drain on paper towels or a rack. Drop the hot wings into a large plastic container with a lid. Pour the sauce over the wings. Cover the container and shake it to coat the wings with sauce.
- Use tongs to remove the wings from the container. Arrange them on a plate with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.