I have no idea why they call it BBQ shrimp but I don’t care. It’s freakin good, it’s super easy to prepare, and makes a great appetizer!
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
I have no idea why they call it BBQ shrimp but I don't care. It's freakin good, it's super easy to prepare, and makes a great appetizer!
- 1/2 pound of raw shrimp, deveined and peeled with tails on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2-3 dashes paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Drizzle a thin layer of olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. As they begin turn pink, turn them over. When they turn opaque remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and saute the garlic, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook until it reduces to about half. Add the butter, paprika, cayenne pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. When the butter is melted, toss the shrimp back into the skillet and mix well.
- Top with parsley and serve with crusty bread for dipping.
Recipe and Photo: esimpraim