This is way better than any of those other fancy fried chicken recipes. And as Mom says, “It’s not that hard to do, you might as well try it!”
- Chicken cut into 8 pieces for frying
- 1/2 cup salt (for brining)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Add salt to 4 quarts of water. Soak chicken 8 to 12 hours in salt water.
- Once you are ready to fry, drain the chicken and pat dry. Heat enough oil in your pan (cast iron skillet is recommended) so that each piece of chicken will be half-covered once in the oil.
- Mix salt, pepper and flour in a medium size bowl. Place milk in a second medium size bowl.
- Dip each individual piece of chicken in milk, and then coat with flour mixture, and then add immediately to the oil. Add only enough pieces of chicken so that the pieces are not crowded and not touching one another in the pan.
- Cook legs and breasts 8 minutes on each side, or until skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through. Cook thighs 10 minutes on each side. Remove from oil and place chicken on a dish lined with paper towels.
Recipe and Photo: thebittenword.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com