Here is a yummy play on the classic American cookie, the Oreo. Creamy vanilla filling between two cakey, chocolatey cookies…these Mini Oreo Whoopie Pies are oh so good!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cream
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. whisk together until well combined and set aside.
- in a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk and vanilla and set aside.
- in the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and the brown sugar until creamy and fluffy. about 3 mins. add the egg and beat until well combined. add the flour mixture and buttermilk in batches, starting and ending with the flour. scrape down the bowl several times, ensuring that everything is well combined. mix just until all the ingredients are combined, do not over mix.
- using a pastry bag fitted with a large circle tip, pipe out the batter in 1 1/2 inch circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving at least 1 inch between each.
- dip your finger in water and shake off excess. with your wet finger, gentley press down the top of each cookie.
- bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 mins., until they are puffed. using a metal spatula, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar. start on low speed until combined and then increase speed to medium and beat for approx. 3 mins. add vanilla and cream and beat again. about 1 min more.
- match up cookies in like sized pairs. pipe out or spoon buttercream on one side and sandwich with the other.
Nutrition InformationYield 30 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 9mgSodium 136mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: food is luv