Recipe for Mini Carrot Cake Cups – Pile on the frosting! Our homemade, cream cheese icing makes these Mini Carrot Cake Cups irresistible!
Mini Carrot Cake Cups
Pile on the frosting! Our homemade, cream cheese icing makes these Mini Carrot Cake Cups irresistible!
- 1 small pkg (9 oz/250 g) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, divided
- 6 oz (175 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
Filling & Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray each well of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For cups, combine cake mix, allspice, egg and oil in Classic Batter Bowl; stir with Small Mix ‘N Scraper® until ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very thick.) Grate carrots using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with grating blade. Stir 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the carrots into batter; set aside remaining carrots for garnish. Using Adjustable Measuring Spoon, divide batter evenly among cups, filling cups about two-thirds full; bake 11-13 minutes or until cups feel firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in clean Classic Batter Bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spoon cream cheese mixture into resealable plastic bag; secure bag and set aside.
- Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Press tops of cups with lightly floured Mini-Tart Shaper to make slight indentations. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan; cool 5 minutes. Trim corner of cream cheese-filled bag with Utility Knife; pipe filling evenly into cups. Garnish with chopped walnuts and reserved grated carrots, if desired.