If I could only keep a single chocolate cupcake recipe, this Melt in your Mouth Chocolate Cupcakes recipe WOULD BE THE ONE! For real chocolate lovers only.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa (I used Scharffen Berger)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup strong coffee, cooled (I used Starbuck’s Via)
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18-24 standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl periodically.
- Using a scoop (I use a 2 oz. scoop), divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 18-20 minutes, rotating pan once half way through baking. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely before decorating.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 16mgSodium 199mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.