What we adore most about this Mediterranean Spiced Lemon Roasted Chicken? We love how simple it is to make…along with the feast it will give your senses.
Mediterranean Spiced Lemon Roasted Chicken
What we adore most about this Mediterranean Spiced Lemon Roasted Chicken? We love how simple it is to make...along with the feast it will give your senses.
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken, breasts or thighs, or legs
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt - to taste
- Crushed black pepper - to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Harissa
- 2 tsp Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 Lemons - sliced into rounds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Arrange the chicken in a baking pan / casserole. If using bigger pieces of chicken, make small cuts on several areas on the surface, in order for the marinade to absorb well.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper, harissa, mediterranean seasoning and paprika and rub well into the chicken.
- Arrnage the lemon slices, filling the gaps in the casserole and place a few under the chicken pieces too.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cover casserole with foil and place in the oven. Let cook this way for 15 mins or so.
- Remove foil and place it back in the oven. Bake till chicken is done all the way through. A thermometer should read 165F when placed into the chicken, near the bones, if you are using bone-in chicken pieces.
- Remove from oven. Let rest for 5 mins or so. Serve hot.
- Mix salt, garlic powder, basil, oregano, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, rosemary, dill, marjoram, cornstarch, thyme, and nutmeg in a bowl. Store in an airtight container. Alternately, blend spices in a spice grinder for a finer texture.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista