If you are not going to be going on a tropical vacation, this Mango Mousse Cake is the next best thing! If you are going on a tropical vacation, keep it going with this cake.
- 1 (13 ounce) package strawberry shortcake rolls, each cut into 7 slices
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) jar mangoes, slices drained
- 1 1/2 cups mango nectar
- 6 drops yellow liquid food coloring
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- mint sprig (optional)
- Line side of 8-inch springform pan with single layer of cake slices; cover bottom with remaining slices.
- In blender, puree jarred mango slices until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in 1 cup nectar and food coloring.
- In microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/2 cup nectar; stir to combine.
- Microwave mixture on high until melted, 30 seconds.
- Stir into pureed mango mixture.
- Refrigerate until thickened, 20-30 minutes.
- In large bowl, on medium-high speed, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; refrigerate 1 cup.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into mango mixture; spread in pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Run knife between side of pan and cake; remove side of pan.
- Top with mango slices; brush with jelly.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 353Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 60mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 1gSugar 33gProtein 3g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.