Recipe for Low Carb Teriyaki Beef – This teriyaki recipe is great as a sauce or a marinade and for just about any type of meat. I was very pleased with how it turned out.
Low Carb Teriyaki Beef
This teriyaki recipe is great as a sauce or a marinade and for just about any type of meat. I was very pleased with how it turned out.
- 1 lb. Steak
- 1/2 Cup Water – Divided
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Swerve Sweetener
- 1 Tbs. Garlic – Minced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger – Grated
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- (2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
- ***Optional garnish – toasted sesame seeds***
- Cut your steak into bite size pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, brown your meat slightly on both sides and remove from heat. (You will finish cooking it later)
- In a sauce pan, mix together 1/4 cup water, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, Swerve, garlic, and ginger. Stir and heat over medium-high heat.
- In a glass, mix remaining 1/4 cup water and Xanthan gum. It will not dissolve. It will look like white clumps swirling in the water.
- Pour the Xanthan gum slurry into the sauce. Whisk constantly until you can no longer see any of the xanthan gum and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to continue to thicken.
- Drain any excess juice from the meat pan so you do not dilute the sauce when you mix it in.
- Mix meat and sauce and allow to cook on low 5-10 minutes more or until meat has reached desired temperature (rare, med-rare, etc.)
Photo: Kevin Trotman