Don’t let sweets derail your low carb diet. These Low Carb Chocolate Eclairs are the perfect tasty dessert to keep you on track!
- 3 Eggs – room temperature
- 2 1/2 oz. Cream Cheese (1/2 cup + 1/8 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 oz. Whippng Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- 6 squares 90% dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 355F
- Separate Eggs into two bowls
- Add the Cream Cheese to the Yolks – mix until smooth and lump free
- Add the salt and Cream of Tartar to the white and beat until stiff
- Gently fold the Yolk mix into the whites. Be very gentle and fold the mix over, you want to keep all the light fluffy air – Do not beat!!!
- Spoon or scoop gently into greased muffin pans (24 -30) – I like these ones with the rounded bottoms. Dont panic if some of the mix near the end is a bit runnier – use it anyway.
- Get them straight into the oven for 15 mins
- Turn oven down to 300F for another 15 mins
- Remove from pan (I do this by running a teaspoon around and under) then flip upside down to cool
- Beat all together until smooth, creamy and can hold its shape
- Spoon gently into a piping bag fitted with the longest nozzle you have
- Make a small slit in the side of each puff, insert piping nozzle well in, squeeze bag gently until you feel the puffs round out a bit.
- Place upside down so the nice, even shaped bottoms become the tops.
- Melt by your preferred method and dribble over the Puffs
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 eclair
Amount Per Serving Calories 47Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 32mgSodium 37mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Ted Eytan / CC BY-SA