The best bacon cheddar bread you will ever bake! And you know you can’t go wrong with bacon, cheese, and bread.
Loaded Bacon Cheddar Bread
Yield: 16 thick slices
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Inactive Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
The best bacon cheddar bread you will ever bake! And you know you can't go wrong with bacon, cheese, and bread.
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, fresh grated not bagged
- 10 strips cooked thick cut bacon, chopped and divided
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine water, yeast, salt and sugar. Allow mixture to sit for several minutes.
- Add flour, two cups of cheese, bacon and fresh ground black pepper. Stir with spoon until combined. Dough will be shaggy. Don't stress if it looks messy. It will come together in the end.
- Cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for a few minutes. It does not need to be completely smooth. Just knead it long enough to come together. Divide dough into two equal halves and place in standard loaf pans.
- Cover loaves with remaining cheese and bacon. Cover with towel and allow to rest for thirty minutes.
- Bake in a 400` oven for fifteen minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce heat to 350` and continue baking for another 35 minutes. Remove foil and allow to bake for another 10 minutes.