I like poppy seeds. I like lemony baked goods. And I love icing! Put those three elements together and bake them into cute little Lemon Poppyseed Muffins and you’ll win my heart!
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
I like poppy seeds. I like lemony baked goods. And I love icing! Put those three elements together and bake them into cute little muffins and you'll win my heart!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lemon flavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, 3/4 cup white sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, yogurt, vegetable oil and lemon zest. Blend well and pour over the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Do no overmix!
- Spoon batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons white sugar. Stir into sugar dissolves.
- Once the muffins are baked pierce the tops several times with a toothpick. Slowly pour about 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and sugar mixture over the tops of each muffin. Let muffins cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing them from the tin
Photo: Dreamy Desserts