These Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars came out fabulous! I loved them, and they disappeared pretty darn fast. So fast, that I didn’t get a chance to photograph them and had to make another batch over the weekend.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
These Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars came out fabulous! I loved them, and they disappeared pretty darn fast.
- Butter, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 graham crackers
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- About 1/2 cup sugar, eyeball it
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom of a 9 by 9-inch baking pan with butter. Then place parchment paper over the top, pressing down at the corners. In a food processor, process the sugar, cinnamon and graham crackers until you have the texture of bread crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse a couple of times to fully incorporate. Pour into the lined baking pan and gently pat down with the base of a glass. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until golden. When done set aside to cool.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar to the food processor and mix until well combined. It should have a smooth consistency. Pour onto the cooled base and then cover with blueberries. They will sink slightly but should still be half exposed -- as the cake bakes they will sink a little more and break down.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the center only slightly jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours. Once set, remove from pan using the parchment lining and slice into 10 rectangular bars. Dust with powdered sugar.