Recipe for Korean Marinated Beef – Bulgogi – Bulgogi is one of the most loved Korean dishes in the world. It is pretty easy to make and all ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store.
Korean Marinated Beef – Bulgogi
Bulgogi is one of the most loved Korean dishes in the world. It is pretty easy to make and all ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store.
- Thinly sliced Beef (500g /17 oz)
- ½ Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 3 Mushrooms
- ½ Spring onion
- 6 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp grated Onion
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cooking wine – optional
- 1 Tbsp chopped Spring onion – use head
- ½ Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Sesame seeds.
- Mix all the marinade sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the marinade sauce to beef slice. And mix it well.
- Wrap the bowl and marinated beef in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Overnight even better.
- Cut all the vegetables into thin 6cm strips.
- Oil the pan. Fry the onion and carrot strips on medium heat for 2mins.
- Add the marinated beef and mushroom slices. Fry them all on high heat while stirring.
- When the beef almost cooked, turn the heat off. And add chopped spring onion and mix all well.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice or lettuce. Enjoy your Bulgogi!
Photo: Chloe Lim