This Key Lime Pie Fudge is easy to make, in fact, the only hard thing about this is keeping yourself from eating it all, because this stuff is addictive!
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 3 cups or 4, 4-oz bars of good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Key lime zest, about 5-6 Key limes
- 1/4 cup key lime juice – freshly squeezed is better
- Line a square 8"x8 baking pan with foil or parchment paper, extending it up and over pan (this helps you get it out of the pan later). Butter sides and bottom of the pan, especially the corners. Set aside.
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 375. In a medium sized bowl, melt butter in them microwave. Stir in sugar with a fork, braking up any lumps. Add crushed graham crackers and toss to mix well. Spread evenly into the baking pan and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Stir white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a large heavy saucepan over low heat just until chocolate is melted and all the lumps are gone. Remove from heat and stir in zest and juice. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Cover and chill for two hours or overnight. Lift the fudge from pan using edges of foil. Peel off foil and use a heavy non-serrated knife to cut the fudge into one-inch pieces. (Tip: Keep a damp kitchen towel handy to clean off the knife after each cut. This will keep give your fudge a cleaner appearance.) Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Nutrition InformationYield 64 Serving Size 1 piece (1"x1")
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 7mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar Cooking