Stop eating boring bread pudding. This Key Lime Bread Pudding is a tart twist that is simple to make. And rather than French bread, I used donut holes to give it added sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 3 dozen day-old donut holes, torn into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add donut holes and toss gently to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread mixture evenly into a baking dish coated with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until bread pudding sets.
- Garnish with a key lime slice and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 37mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 3g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Po Boy Livin Rich