This Kahlua Ice Cream Pie makes me want to throw a party, just so I can serve this to all my guests and watch their jaws drop with OMG!!
- 9 ounces Chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter — melted
- 10 tablespoons Kahlua — divided
- 1 teaspoon Espresso powder
- 3 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate — chopped
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 pint Ice cream; vanilla, coffee ,or chocolate chip
- 1 pint Chocolate ice cream
- 3/4 cup Whipped cream
- In food processor, place half of cookies, breaking into pieces. Process to make fine crumbs. Repeat with remaining cookies. Add 1/2 cup melted butter and process with on-off pulses, just to blend. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and up side of 9″ pie plate.
- Press crumbs evenly to rim. Bake at 325~ for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, heat 6 tbls Kahlua and espresso powder over low heat until warmed and powder is dissolved. Stir in chocolate and 1 tbls butter and stir until melted and smooth. Cool completely. Transfer vanilla ice cream to electric mixer bowl and allow to soften slightly. Add 2 tbls Kahlua and beat on low speed to blend. Spread over bottom of cooled crust and freeze until firm. Spread cooled chocolate mixture over ice cream in plate.
- Freeze until firm. Transfer chocolate ice cream to mixer bowl; blend in remaining 2 tbls Kahlua as above.
- Spread chocolate ice cream over sauce in pie. Freeze until firm. To serve, pipe decorative border of whipped cream around inside edge of pie.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 568Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 65mgSodium 255mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 3gSugar 45gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.