Deviled eggs are a must-have on Easter Sunday. Jalapeno bacon deviled eggs add zest to the classic recipe.
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pickling juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the eggs into a large saucepan and fill it with cold water until it just covers the eggs. Heat the pan over medium high heat. Bring the water to a boil and cook the eggs for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the heat and allow to sit the hot water for an additional 5 minutes. Transfer the eggs to an ice bath and cool them for at least 10 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and slice in half. Remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl. Mash the yolks. To the yolks, add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, sugar, jalapenos and jalapeno juice, green onions and bacon. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Add the yolk mixture to a pastry bag or large zip top bag with one end cut and pipe the mixture into the egg white halves. Garnish with crumbled bacon and green onions if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 deviled egg
Amount Per Serving Calories 85Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 100mgSodium 175mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 4g
Photo: Green Mountain Girls Farm