These Irish Coffee Cupcakes may take a bit more work than some other recipes out there…but look at that chocolate ganache! And then you have the surprise Irish cream filling inside of them! That bit of extra effort is soo worth it!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Irish cream liqueur (like Baileys)
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coffee until almost boiling. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa until dissolved. Add the 1/2 cup butter, stirring until melted. Whisk in the brown sugar and let cool. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla, then stir in the flour mixture. Mix until just incorporated. Divide the batter among the cupcake liners and bake 20 to 22 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes will come out clean when done. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the Irish cream liqueur.
- To fill the cupcakes, use a sharp knife to cut a 2 inch cone shaped hole in the center. Remove the cone piece, trim off the end of each piece to create a disk. Save the disks but feel free to eat the trimmed off pieces.
- Divide the filling among the cupcakes, then top off the cupcakes with the disk pieces.
- Melt the chocolate with the cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the whiskey.
- Pour the ganache into a bowl. Dip the tops of the filled cupcakes in the ganache. Feel free to dip more than once to completely seal in the tops. Let them cool until the ganache is firm.
Make sure to brew your coffee and get all your butter, eggs and cream cheese to room temperature. This will make things much easier on you.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 367Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 77mgSodium 253mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.