Do you like pineapples, bananas and coconut? Do you like deliciously layered cakes? If you answered yes, then you are going to love this Hummingbird Cake!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chopped bananas
- Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not beat.) Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkling shredded coconut on top of each of the 3 frosted layers as you go. Finally, sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 734Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 69mgSodium 405mgCarbohydrates 87gFiber 4gSugar 56gProtein 7g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar & Spice by Celeste