Succulent and full of flavor, this Southern Honey Glazed Ham is the perfect centerpiece to any holiday feast.
- 1 (8 pound) bone-in shank ham
- 4 cups water, or as needed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 275ºF.
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Pour in water to a 2 inch depth. Cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Bake for 6 to 8 hours in the preheated oven (all day or all night).
- Remove from the oven, pour off drippings and reserve.
- Skim fat from the top of the drippings, and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix one cup of the drippings with honey, brown sugar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce and cloves.
- Pour this over the ham, cover and return to the oven.
- Remaining drippings may be discarded or reserved for other uses.
- Bake for another 30 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 8 oz (precooked)
Amount Per Serving Calories 67Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 5mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.