Rumor has it that the first time this was served at an SEC tailgating party; it was so popular that it was gone in no time flat! One uppity Southern belle who missed tasting the new recipe was distraught and pitched a big hissy fit, hence forth the name.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Velveeta, small cubed
- 1 cup white American cheese, shredded
- 1/2 – 1 pound pork sausage, crumbled, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of garlic salt or powder
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; stirring until well blended.
- Place in baking dish you have sprayed with non-stick coating.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggie sticks – carrots, celery, sliced cauliflower, etc.
Nutrition InformationYield 32 Serving Size About 4 oz.
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 39mgSodium 366mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Texasrecipes.tumblr.com