Recipe for Heavenly Pumpkin Mousse – The spicy-sweet flavors of pumpkin pie are whipped to velvety, airy perfection in this five-star treat.
Heavenly Pumpkin Mousse
The spicy-sweet flavors of pumpkin pie are whipped to velvety, airy perfection in this five-star treat.
- 1/3 c white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1/3 c icing sugar
- 1/3 c canned pumpkin puree
- a couple drops orange oil flavoring (you can use 1 tsp grated orange peel)
- 1 c heavy cream, whipped
Preparing the pumpkin
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin, discard inside
- Wash and pat dry then replace the top and bake at 400 F for 25-30 mins
- Let cool on rack
- Mix 1 tbsp ground walnut and icing sugar mixture with 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and sprinkle/brush this mixture inside the pumpkin once pumpkin is room temperature --> Important note, I used this mixture as I had leftover walnut mixture from making macarons, otherwise, before baking, mix 2 tbsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and sprinkled inside of the pumpkin, then bake.
For the mousse
- On high, melt white chips with milk for 1 minute, on microwave, stir and let cool to room temperature
- Beat cream cheese with icing sugar until creamy then add in orange oil while keep beating, followed with pumpkin puree
- Fold in whipped cream and mix well
- Scoop mousse into prepared pumpkin and your dessert is ready 🙂
Recipe and Photo: klinong via Instructables
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com