Dreading the treadmill time you’ll have to clock to burn off these babies? No worries. Our chicken tenders taste just like the real thing — but with about a tenth of the fat. Pair ‘em with one of your diet-friendly dipping sauces! Oh yeah.. the kids will never know their eating healthy!!
Healthy Chicken Tenders
Dreading the treadmill time you’ll have to clock to burn off these babies? No worries. Our chicken tenders taste just like the real thing — but with about a tenth of the fat.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
- Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Healthy Dipping Sauces Ditch the standard ranch dressing and stir up one of these low-cal sauces. 1/4 cup Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon honey = Homemade Honey Mustard 1/4 cup ketchup + pinch chili powder = Kicked-Up Ketchup 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream + fresh lime + fresh cilantro = Zesty Sour Cream 1/2 cup low-fat mayo + 1 teaspoon dried dill + 1 teaspoon garlic powder = Spiced Mayo