- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Fresh mint and edible orchids for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Pour filling onto crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake may crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the pineapple. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spread pineapple sauce over cheesecake. Garnish with mint and orchids if desired.