Can you think of anything else better on Earth than warm, melty, gooey Gouda Cheese Fondue? I didn’t think so!
Gouda Cheese Fondue with Herbed Crostini
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Can you think of anything else better on Earth than warm, melty, gooey Gouda Cheese Fondue? I didn't think so!
- 1 lb. Gouda, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ cup cornstarch, enough to coat the cheese
- ½ cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- Kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- Shot of Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch or Sherry
- ½ sourdough baguette
- ¼ stick butter
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Fresh herbs of choice (basil, oregano, sage, rosemary)
- Smash the garlic cloves and rub inside of heavy saucepan; then discard the garlic.
- Put saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat and add the white wine, scraping with a wooden spoon to dissolve the garlic residue. Toss the Gouda cubes in a small bowl with cornstarch, add the cheese to the saucepan and melt; stir to prevent scorching. When melted, add the tomato, basil, Kirsch or Sherry, nutmeg and Tabasco. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with crostini.
- Slice sourdough baguette into ¼-inch slices. Melt butter, granulated garlic and herbs, then brush or drizzle on the bread slices. Bake at 350°F for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning over once, until golden brown.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 602Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 151mgSodium 1542mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 32g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Nugget Market