Quick and easy marinade and so tasty. I was entrusted with this Garlic Prime Rib recipe, but it is soo good that I just can’t keep it to myself!
Garlic Prime Rib
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 55 minutes
Quick and easy marinade and so tasty. I was entrusted with this Garlic Prime Rib recipe, but it is soo good that I just can't keep it to myself!
- 10 pound prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast, and let the roast sit out until it is at room temperature, no longer than 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes. The internal temperature of the roast should be at 135 degrees F (57 degrees C) for medium rare.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 or 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 8 oz.
Amount Per Serving Calories 788Total Fat 63gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 188mgSodium 355mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 51g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Ernesto Andrade