I love this French Toast Bake recipe because it is so easy, economical.. and oh-so-delicious! The best part is that it is made the day before so there is no fuss on the day you eat it….perfect for a Sunday afternoon or brunch.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
- Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around
- Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
- Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
- Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
- Cover & chill in fridge overnight
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with warm maple syrup
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 430Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 170mgSodium 242mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 0gSugar 50gProtein 7g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Rach’s Blog