These Easy Chicken Enchiladas are sure to be a new family favorite; it is simple to put together and also perfect for leftovers…..if you ever have any!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Yield: 6 enchiladas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This enchilada dish is sure to be a new family favorite; it is simple to put together and also perfect for leftovers.....if you ever have any!
- salt and pepper
- 2 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano or green bell pepper, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz Muenster or Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup mild salsa verde (green salsa)
- 6 6-in. corn tortillas, microwaved on high until pliable
- Heat oven to 450°F. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and broth. Bring to a boil; add 3/4 tsp salt. Add the chicken, reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool; shred.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the corn, cream cheese and sour cream. Fold in the chicken, cilantro and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa in a 13 x 9-in. baking dish. Roll the chicken mixture in the tortillas (about 1/2 cup per tortilla) and place seamside down in the dish. Top with the remaining salsa and cheese. Bake until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 enchilada
Amount Per Serving Calories 353Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 77mgSodium 659mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 27g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Chef Mommy