This Earthquake Cake is a moist, delicious cake that you don’t have to frost, because the cream cheese mixture becomes a layer of frosting INSIDE the cake, that cracks the cake apart with its awesomeness!
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix (do not prepare as directed on box, prepare as directed below)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 pound powdered sugar (3 and 3/4 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the german chocolate cake mix with the oil, eggs, and water.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the coconut/chocolate chip/pecan layer.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in 1 pound of powdered sugar until it's smooth to the butter/cream cheese.
- Spread this mixture on top of the uncooked german chocolate cake in the pan, and swirl into the cake mix using a knife.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. It is done when it doesn't wobble in the pan if you shake it. The toothpick test shouldn't work because the cake should be more gooey in nature.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 488Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 91mgSodium 166mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 2gSugar 48gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: yummly.blogspot.com