If everything is better fried…then a deep fried Philly MUST be about the best thing ever! These Deep Fried Philly Cheese Steak Balls prove that’s true.
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Package of dry active yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup beer
- 2 TBSP Oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 Pounds top sirloin
- 1/3 Cup of chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 Cup of chopped onions
- 1/3 Cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 Cup provolone cheese
- 1/2 Block of cream cheese (4oz)
- Oil for deep frying
Preping Your Dough
- In a large bowl, mix flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and seasonings
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, beer, and liquified oil
- Next, add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until dough is thoroughly mixed
- Set dough aside for now, giving it time to rise
Prepping Your Filler
- Chop your sirloin into small pieces, then cook it fully in a frying pan.
- Chop your peppers, onions, and mushrooms and saute them in a tablespoon or two of oil until everything has been cooked tender.
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese, provolone, sirloin, and vegetables thoroughly
Making Your Balls
- Begin heating your cooking oil is a large pan
- On a floured surface, place a golf ball sized amount of dough and flatten it out into a circle ruffly the size of your palm
- Place a golf ball sized amount of cheese filler into the center of your flattened dough.
- Fold the edges of the dough up around the cheese ball until it is completely covered then roll it around in your hands until everything is fully sealed. Note: If the dough does not seal properly, the cheese will melt out while cooking
- Place balls into hot oil and cook until both sides are golden brown (about 3 to 5 minutes)
- Remove from the oil and place on paper towel to soak up the excess oil. Let cool for a couple minutes and then serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 ball
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 114mgSodium 344mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 31g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Instructables