Oh how I have fond memories of eating these as a child. Now…I can have Deep Fried Ice Cream anytime I want, and maybe even share some with the kiddos.
Deep Fried Ice Cream
Oh how I have fond memories of eating these as a child. Now...I can have Deep Fried Ice Cream anytime I want, and maybe even share some with the kiddos.
- 1 Tsp. - Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp. - Sugar
- 2 - Eggs
- 2 C. - Crushed Frosted Flakes
- 2 - Ice - Cream Balls ( baseball sized )
- Whip Cream
- Make your ice-cream balls and wrap in plastic wrap, place into the freezer for 24 hours until they are good and hard. The next day place your cereal into a shallow dish , mix the eggs, sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Remove 1 ice-cream ball from the freezer and unwrap it, roll into the cereal then into the egg mixture then back into the cereal. Repeat these steps...in egg mixture, then the cereal. Roll and pat the cereal onto the ice-cream, work quickly so the ice-cream does not get too soft.
- When the ball is fully coated leave it unwrapped and place it in a bowl and back into the freezer and do the second ball. Leave both in the freezer for 1 hour to get good and firm.
- Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees, when the oil is ready cook for 15 seconds then serve with whipped cream.
Recipe and Photo: Dunkin Cooking – The Semi-Homemade Way