Recipe for Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff – This flavorful slow cooker chicken stroganoff recipe is easy to make in the afternoon, so you don’t have to rush to cook at the end of the day.
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
This flavorful slow cooker chicken stroganoff recipe is easy to make in the afternoon, so you don’t have to rush to cook at the end of the day.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup lower-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 8 oz. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat spiral noodles
- Clean and cut chicken breasts into small chunks. Place chicken and next 8 ingredients (through garlic) in a crockpot, stirring well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level. Place flour in small bowl, gradually add chicken broth, stir with a whisk until blended. Add broth mixture to crockpot slowly, stir well. Cover with lid, cook on high setting for 1 hour. Reduce to low setting and cook 5 hours. Add whole wheat noodles and cook for 1 more hour on low. Let stroganoff stand 10 minutes and then stir in Greek yogurt.
- Another option is to boil the noodles separately and add with the Greek yogurt just before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Spokane Dinner Club