Recipe for Crock Pot Swiss Steak – Throw together round steak, potatoes, carrots, onions and tomatoes before you go to work. It’ll be ready to enjoy when you get home.
Crock Pot Swiss Steak
Throw together round steak, potatoes, carrots, onions and tomatoes before you go to work. It’ll be ready to enjoy when you get home.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt. Cook in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. In medium bowl, mix tomatoes and gravy; spoon over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with parsley.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.