This Crispy Garlic Ginger Chicken is better than take-out because it’s fresh, hot and crunchy right from your kitchen.
- 2 chicken breast halves – slice into bite-size strips or cubes
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine or extra dry sherry (not cooking sherry)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt beaten with 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons dried chili flakes (optional)
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic – sliced
- 2- inch piece of ginger – peeled and sliced into thin matchstick size pieces sliced on the diagonal.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 or 3 scallions (green onions), white and green part, thinly sliced
- Marinate the chicken with rice wine (or dry sherry), soy sauce and salt for 30 minutes. Beat egg white and cornstarch together until blended and add to the chicken & marinade. Stir to blend and coat chicken pieces completely.
- In a wok or deep sided frying pan heat enough oil to deep fry the chicken pieces. Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan, drain well and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the the oil from the pan. Over medium heat stir fry garlic, ginger (and chili flakes if you are using them) for a moment until fragrant. Quickly add chicken to pan, stir gently to coat; add soy sauce, sugar and salt to taste. Stir to combine. Remove from pan and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and diagonally sliced scallions/green onions if desired. Serve hot, with steamed rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 102mgSodium 2198mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 43g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.