This one is, in my opinion, the best Creamy Southern Pasta Salad. Guaranteed to be a hit at potlucks and picnics or a simple weeknight meal.
- 8 ounce Macaroni
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sweet salad cubes (sweet pickle relish)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled, small cubed or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta in rolling well salted boiling water just under the time on package or al dente. Drain into a colander, rinse briefly with cold water and allow to drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the celery, red and green bell peppers, onion, salad cubes, vinegar, seasoning salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and the sour cream blending well. Taste and add additional salt if needed. Fold in the pasta, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Fold in the cheese before serving or up to several hours if needed to transport is fine.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 42mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 9g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Drick’s Rambling Cafe