This Cream Puff Cake is EXACTLY like a cream puff – poofy, not sweet, but with a pudding-type filling, whipped cream, AND chocolate sweet chocolate!
Cream Puff Cake
This Cream Puff Cake is EXACTLY like a cream puff - poofy, not sweet, but with a pudding-type filling, whipped cream, AND chocolate sweet chocolate!
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 c. milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 (3.5 oz) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat butter and water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add flour and reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until it forms a ball and pulls away from the pan. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Spread in bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk and beat until smooth. Here's the trick, to keep things smooth: start with the cream cheese, give it a good beating until fluffy. Slowly but surely (while still beating), add the milk. Voila! Once these are well combined, add pudding mix and beat until thickened. Spread over cooled shell.
- Top with whipped topping, and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top. Keep refrigerated until serving.