Every time we go to Red Lobster, there is one item that ALWAYS stands out…the biscuits. With this recipe you can make them at home. Just be sure that your baking powder is not expired, or you will end up with pancakes…not the warm fluffy pillows of goodness that you are craving.
Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
Every time we go to Red Lobster, there is one item that ALWAYS stands out…the biscuits. With this recipe you can make them at home. Just be sure that your baking powder is not expired, or you will end up with pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, & cayenne. Whisk together until incorporated. Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture and cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or two forks, until it resembles coarse sand and the butter is the size of peas.
- Add the buttermilk to the mixture and stir until incorporated. Add cheese and gently stir to evenly distribute.
- Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop (approx. 1/4 cup size), scoop balls of the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden and set.
- While the biscuits bake, melt the butter for the topping and stir in the garlic powder & parsley. Once biscuits are baked, remove from oven and spoon some of the butter mixture over top of each warm biscuit.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container. Reheat in a 350 degree oven for approximately 5-10 minutes, until heated through.
Instead of buttermilk, you can place 1 tbsp. vinegar in a 1 cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the way full with milk. Let stand for 10 minutes and use as directed.