Recipe for Copycat Cheese Cake Factory Coconut Cream Cheesecake – Coconut Cheesecake Topped with Coconut Cream Custard, all on a Chocolate Macaroon Crust.
Copycat Cheese Cake Factory Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Yield: 8 Slices
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 35 minutes
Coconut Cheesecake Topped with Coconut Cream Custard, all on a Chocolate Macaroon Crust.
- 2 1/2 c. grated fresh coconut
- 1 c. whipping cream (scalded)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 20 ounce cream cheese
- 4 large eggs – 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 T coconut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 c. cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut liqueur
- Coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- Chocolate shavings for top
Chocolate Macaroon Crust
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Puree coconut with hot cream in blender till finely shredded; about 4 min. Cool while preparing crust.
Chocolate Macaroon Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine chocolate, butter, sugar, coconut, and salt. Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into bottom and all the way up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake until firm but not yet browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Crust can be made up to 2 days ahead, and refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap.
- Using electric mixer on low speed, beat cream cheese with sugar till blended. Fold in cooled coconut mix. Blend in large eggs and yolks 1 at a time.
- Fold in 2 1/2 tbsp liqueur, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract. Pour into prepared crust. Return to oven and bake till sides of cake are dry and center no longer moves when shaken, about 1 hour.
- Let cool on rack till depression forms in center (about 35 min).3. Mix lowfat sour cream, cream of coconut and remaining 1/2 tsp coconut liqueur. Spread atop cake. Bake 10 min to set topping. Cool completely on rack. Chill till cake is well chilled, about 4 hrs. Cover tightly and chill. Sprinkle coconut flakes, chocolate shavings and whipped cream on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 1051Total Fat 75gSaturated Fat 52gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 270mgSodium 384mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 8gSugar 69gProtein 14g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.