Upgrade your classic flan by adding a coffee twist to it. This Coffee Flan is something which all coffee lovers should try.
- 5/8 cup sugar (10 tbsp)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounces milk
- 8 ounces cream
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 pods cardamom
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee (dissolved in a tablespoon of water)
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Pre-heat your oven to 315 degrees F
- Heat a pan over medium heat and mix the water and sugar in the pan together. Stir constantly as the mixture turns brown. Remove the pan from the heat when it reaches a golden color.
- Fill the aluminum cups with about a tablespoon of the caramel mixture.
- Heat a pan under medium heat and add the cream and milk to the pan. Add the vanilla essence, coffee mixture, cinnamon stick, pods, and the condensed milk to the pan.
- Wait until everything comes to a boil and then remove the pan from the heat. Leave it on the side so the flavors mix together.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl Add the coffee sauce mixture a little at a time and stir it well each time.
- Sieve the mixture into another saucepan and stir the mixture with a whisk as the liquid drips into the pan.
- Line a roasting tray with a tea towel. The tea towel will stabilize the cups and make sure they still in place.
- Pour the mixture into a tall jug or container and pour it into the metal cups. Leave about a centimeter at the top of each cup.
- Add and cover about a third of the roasting tray with hot water.
- Place the roasting tray in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully shake them afterward to see if they have set.
- Remove them from the oven and remove the metal cups from the tray for cooling.
- Throw out the water and discard the towel from the tray and place the cups back in. Place the tray in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Wait until the flans have thoroughly chilled. Take a knife and carefully go around the edges of each flan.
- Remove the flans from the cups by turning them over on plates and lightly press down on them to ease out the flan.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 438Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 175mgSodium 152mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 0gSugar 53gProtein 11g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.