Savor a taste of the Hawaiian islands with this scrumptious Coconut Mochi Cake which just happens to be gluten free. It’s a fantastic treat for any tropical themed party!
- 1 pound mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups whole milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and milk. In a separate larger bowl, stir together the rice flour, sugar, and baking powder. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir to blend. Mix in melted butter and coconut. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool completely, then cut into squares to serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 104mgSodium 178mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 47gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.