The distinctive taste of coconut combined with the delicate flavor and rich, velvety texture of Crème Fraîche to create these Coconut Bavarians, a bite sized sweet treat.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Gelatin
- 4 tbsp. Coconut milk
- 1-14 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 Egg yolks
- 7 oz. Crème Fraiche
- 7 oz. Shredded coconut (toasted if you prefer)
- Combine gelatin with 4 Tbsp. coconut milk to bloom.
- Bring condensed milk and remaining coconut milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks well.
- Add a small amount of heated liquid to the egg yolk mixture to temper andcontinue whisking.
- Slowly pour egg yolk mixture back into heated liquid and heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon while continually stirring 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin.
- Pour entire mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until mixture begins to gel.
- In a separate bowl whip Crème Fraiche to a soft peak.
- When refrigerated mixture begins to gel, fold together with the whipped Alouette Cuisine Crème Fraiche and immediately pour into your desired molds.
- Refrigerate overnight. To serve, remove from mold and cover the Bavarians with the shredded coconut.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 769Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 195mgSodium 275mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 3gSugar 78gProtein 13g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista