A super simple Classic Potato Salad with Chives that is always a hit at parties. The fresh chopped chives add a pop of color and delicious flavor. You can even add crushed garlic or finely chopped onion to take it up another notch!
Classic Potato Salad with Chives
Yield: About 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
A super simple salad that is always a hit at parties. The fresh chopped chives add a pop of color and delicious flavor. You can even add crushed garlic or finely chopped onion to take it up another notch!
- 1 3/4 pounds new potatoes, halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Place the potatoes into a pan, and fill with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and cool under cold running water.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup of chives. When the potatoes have cooled, stir them into this mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with remaining chives.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 23mgSodium 143mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.