Here’s a good classic stew with rich beef gravy that lets all of the flavors come through. This is the perfect hearty dish for a blustery winter day.
Classic Beef Stew
Here's a good classic stew with rich beef gravy that lets all of the flavors come through. This is the perfect hearty dish for a blustery winter day.
- 2 lbs Stew Beef – cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or one fresh clove garlic minced)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp tumeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 4 large carrots – quartered and cut into small pie shaped pieces
- 3 celery stalks – halved and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat in the olive oil in a skillet on the stove top over medium high heat (2-3 minutes). Place into crock pot
- Add the 2 cups of water water and all ingredients to the crock pot. Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- 45 minutes before serving, in a small bowl mix ¼ cup of cold water and 2 tbs of corn starch together and mix until corn starch is dissolved. Once dissolved, add to the crock pot. Add the packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix as well.