Here’s a good Classic Beef Stew with rich beef gravy that lets all of the flavors come through. This is the perfect hearty dish for a blustery winter day.
- 2 lbs Stew Beef – cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or one fresh clove garlic minced)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp tumeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 4 large carrots – quartered and cut into small pie shaped pieces
- 3 celery stalks – halved and cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- Brown meat in the olive oil in a skillet on the stove top over medium high heat (2-3 minutes). Place into crock pot
- Add the 2 cups of water water and all ingredients to the crock pot. Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- 45 minutes before serving, in a small bowl mix ¼ cup of cold water and 2 tbs of corn starch together and mix until corn starch is dissolved. Once dissolved, add to the crock pot. Add the packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix as well.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 402Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 150mgSodium 621mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 50g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista