These Cinnamon Pecan Sticky Buns have ALL the homemade cinnamon-y roll goodness. Just like Grandma used to make…but now you can make them in your own kitchen!
- 4-5 cups all purpose flour for dough, PLUS up to 1 cup more for flouring surface
- 2/3 cup warm milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus an additional 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packets dry Red Star Quick Rise yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 2-3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted in a warm skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Stir 1 cup sugar, butter and salt into warm milk until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Stir yeast into warm water then add 2 tablespoons sugar. Set aside until a foamy layer forms on top of the liquid.
- Place 3 cups flour and cinnamon in mixer bowel with dough hook attachment. Add milk and yeast mixture along with eggs. Beat on low until smooth. Add flour, half a cup at a time, until soft dough forms into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and set the mixer bowl into a larger bowl containing very warm water. Cover with a clean towel and set aside to rise, about 1 hour. Dough will double in size during this time.
- After rising is completed, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and turn dough out onto a large floured surface and roll out to form a rectangle approximately 15″ x 20″. Spread on the soft butter the top with brown sugar and pecans.
- Roll up dough into a log from the long side. Seal the edge with fingers to keep filling inside.
- Slice into sections 2-3″ long and place in a deep buttered cake pan at least 9″ x 14″. Set cake pan aside to rise again, about 20 minutes.
- After rising, set pan on a foil sheet to catch drips while baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- While rolls bake, prepare the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla, then add milk a splash at a time until the right consistency is achieved.
- Glaze the rolls immediately after baking and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 roll
Amount Per Serving Calories 1394Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 98mgSodium 488mgCarbohydrates 231gFiber 9gSugar 58gProtein 26g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: MidwesternBelle.com